If you don't want to apply online or by phone, you can fill out a paper application by accessing the ODHS benefits home page, in the forms section. This application is for food benefits (SNAP), cash benefits (TANF) or child care benefits (ERDC). Application is available in 8 different languages.
500 Summer Street NE
Salem, OR 97301
Eligibility: Eligibility is determined on a case-by-case basis:
-Income eligibility follows a guideline of 200% FPL or below which is monthly income before taxes.
-Other factors are considered in determining eligibility and monthly SNAP benefit amount like: source of income, housing costs, utility costs, out-of-pocket medical expenses for those age 60 and older or receiving disability in the group, and relationships of the members of the family group.
-Students, immigrants, and adults between the ages of 18 and 52 without dependents may have to meet additional criteria beyond the income guidelines.
-To receive SNAP, applicants must be a US citizen or meet specific non-citizen requirements.
Hours: Not applicable
Phone/FAX Numbers
    Email Address: [email protected]
    INTAKE PROCEDURE: Print and fill out pages 1-6, read pages 10-13, sign page 13. Fax or hand-deliver to any ODHS office, if sending it via mail send it to PO Box 14015 Salem, OR 97309 or to email to [email protected]
    FEES: None
    DOCUMENTS: You do not need any documents to fill out and/or submit an application. What you may need to provide during or after your interview:
    -Social Security number (SSN) for everyone who wishes to apply for benefits (not required to provide Social Security card)
    -Proof of gross income for the last 30 days (pay stubs, a letter from employer, award letter, for self-employment bank statements showing business revenue and costs)
    -Non-citizens must provide legal documentation in order for ODHS to determine if they meet the eligibility criteria. Some examples include I-94, Permanent Resident Card, I-551, Employment Authorization, I-688B
    -Photo ID may be helpful but is not required. ODHS can verify identity with a SSN or another method
    -If you are experiencing homelessness, you will need a temporary mailing address to apply. An eligibility worker can help you to figure out other needed documents
    -If you are facing challenges obtaining proof of income or other documents, a worker can work with you to obtain income verification and other needed information.
    -Adults age 60 and older and adults with disabilities may be eligible for increased benefits by providing proof of their out of pocket medical expenses.
    LANGUAGES: Applications available in English, Spanish, Arabic, Chinese Traditional, Russian, Somali, Ukranian and Vietnamese.
    AREA SERVED: State of Oregon
    SITE HOURS: Monday-Friday 8am-5pm
    • Food Stamps/SNAP
    • Food Stamps/SNAP * Adults With Disabilities/Health Conditions
    • Food Stamps/SNAP * Older Adults
    If you represent this agency, update your listing here.
    * The community resource directory information is up to date to the best of our knowledge. However, you should always call the provider to confirm this information and make an appointment. Be sure to confirm payment information with the provider, if payment is required. 211Info does not rate, recommend or endorse any agency. We simply provide information as a public service.