Provides the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), also known as food stamps, to qualified applicants. Funds are dispersed through an Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) card, also known as the Oregon Trail Card.
2158 SE College Loop
Suite A
Redmond, OR 97756
Eligibility: Eligibility is determined on a case-by-case basis:
-Income eligibility follows a guideline of 200% FPL or below which is monthly income before taxes.
-Other factors are considered in determining eligibility and monthly SNAP benefit amount like: source of income, housing costs, utility costs, out-of-pocket medical expenses for those age 60 and older or receiving disability in the group, and relationships of the members of the family group.
-Students, immigrants, and adults between the ages of 18 and 50 without dependents may have to meet additional criteria beyond the income guidelines.
-To receive SNAP, applicants must be a US citizen or meet specific non-citizen requirements.
Hours: Monday-Friday 8am-5pm. Accommodations for working adults can be requested.
Phone/FAX Numbers
  • (541) 548-5547 Main phone Self-Sufficiency
  • (541) 388-6336 Main phone Vocational Rehabilitation
  • (541) 388-6310 FAX Vocational Rehabilitation
  • (541) 923-8212 FAX Self-Sufficiency
  • (541) 548-5547 Main phone Self-Sufficiency
  • (833) 604-0877 Multilingual Line
  • (541) 923-8212 FAX Self-Sufficiency
Email Address:
COVID-19 INFORMATION: Warm Springs office closed due to COVID-19. Access services by phone/internet, or Madras office if needed. Bus pass available for tribal members.
INTAKE PROCEDURE: Submit an application and have an interview (in-person or over the phone) with a DHS eligibility worker.

Different methods to submit an application:
-Walk in to the office
-Apply online (make sure to put your User ID, password, and tracking number in a safe place)
-Print out a pdf version of the application, fill it out and mail it, fax it, or hand-deliver it
-Call the office and request an application be mailed to you
-Applications are available in English, Spanish, Russian, Vietnamese and Somali

What to do once the application has been submitted:
-The local DHS office will call you to set up an in-person or phone interview appointment.
-You can contact the local DHS office to set up the interview appointment.
-DHS workers may not leave messages on voicemails that do not announce the applicant's name in the greeting of the voicemail.
FEES: None
DOCUMENTS: What you may need to provide during or after your interview:

-Social Security Number (SSN) for everyone who wishes to apply for benefits (not required to provide Social Security card)
-Proof of gross income for the last 30 days (pay stubs, a letter from employer, award letter, for self-employment bank statements showing business revenue and costs)
-Non-citizens must provide legal documentation in order for DHS to determine if they meet the eligibility criteria. Some examples include I-94, Permanent Resident Card, I-551, Employment Authorization, I-688B.

-Photo ID may be helpful but is not required; DHS can verify identity with a SSN or another method
-If you are experiencing homelessness, you will need a temporary mailing address to apply. An eligibility worker can help you figure out other needed documents.
-If you are facing challenges obtaining proof of income or other documents, a worker can work with you to obtain income verification and other needed information.
-You do not need any documents to fill out and/or submit an application
-Adults age 60 and older and adults with disabilities may be eligible for increased benefits by providing proof of their out-of-pocket medical expenses.
LANGUAGES: English, Spanish, interpretation by arrangement
AREA SERVED: Crook, Deschutes, and Jefferson Counties and Warm Springs Reservation
  • Food Stamps/SNAP
If you represent this agency, update your listing here.
* The community resource directory information is up to date to the best of our knowledge. However, you should always call the provider to confirm this information and make an appointment. Be sure to confirm payment information with the provider, if payment is required. 211Info does not rate, recommend or endorse any agency. We simply provide information as a public service.