Provides the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), also known as food stamps, to qualified applicants in the state of Oregon. Funds are dispersed through an Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) card, also known as the Oregon Trail Card.
94145 W Fifth Place
Gold Beach, OR 97444
Eligibility: -Eligibility is determined on a case-by-case basis.
-Income eligibility follows a guideline of 200% FPL or below which is monthly income before taxes.
-Other factors are considered in determining eligibility and monthly SNAP benefit amount like: type of income, housing costs, utility costs, out-of-pocket medical expenses for those age 60 and older or receiving disability in the group, and relationships of the members of the family group.
-SNAP applicants must be a US citizen or meet specific non-citizen requirements.
Hours: Monday-Friday 8am-5pm
Hours: Monday-Thursday 7am-5:30pm, Friday 7am-5pm, closed major holidays
Phone/FAX Numbers
  • (541) 247-7036 Main phone Self-Sufficiency
  • (541) 247-5437 Main phone Child Welfare
  • (541) 247-0290 Main phone Vocational Rehabilitation
  • (800) 510-0000 Alternate
  • (541) 247-6999 FAX Child Welfare
  • (541) 247-6951 FAX Self-
  • (541) 247-7036 Main phone
  • (833) 604-0877 Multilingual Line
  • (541) 247-6951 FAX
  • (541) 247-4515 TTY/TTD
Email Address:
INTAKE PROCEDURE: Submit an application and have an interview (in-person or over the phone) with a DHS eligibility worker.

Different methods to submit an application:
-Walk in to the office
-Apply online (make sure to put your User ID, password and tracking number in a safe place)
-Print out a pdf version of the application, fill it out and mail it, fax it, or hand deliver it
-Call the office and request an application be mailed to you

What to do once the application has been submitted:
-The local DHS office will call you to set up an in-person or phone interview appointment.
-You can contact the local DHS office to set up the interview appointment.
-DHS workers may not leave messages on voicemails that do not announce the applicant's name in the greeting of the voicemail.
FEES: None
DOCUMENTS: What you may need to provide during or after your interview:

-Social Security Number (SSN) for everyone who wishes to apply for benefits (not required to provide Social Security card)
-Proof of gross income for the last 30 days (pay stubs, a letter from employer, award letter, for self-employment bank statements showing business revenue and costs)
-Non-citizens must provide legal documentation in order for DHS to determine if they meet the eligibility criteria. Some examples include I-94, Permanent Resident Card, I-551, Employment Authorization, I-688B.

-Photo ID may be helpful but is not required; DHS can verify identity with a SSN or another method
-If you are experiencing homelessness, you will need a temporary mailing address to apply. An eligibility worker can help you figure out other needed documents.
-If you are facing challenges obtaining proof of income or other documents, a worker can work with you to obtain income verification and other needed information.
-You do not need any documents to fill out and/or submit an application
LANGUAGES: English, Spanish, interpretation by arrangement. Applications are available in English, Spanish, Russian, Vietnamese, and Somali.
AREA SERVED: Coos and Curry Counties
  • Food Stamps/SNAP
If you represent this agency, update your listing here.
* The community resource directory information is up to date to the best of our knowledge. However, you should always call the provider to confirm this information and make an appointment. Be sure to confirm payment information with the provider, if payment is required. 211Info does not rate, recommend or endorse any agency. We simply provide information as a public service.