Employment Related Day Care (ERDC) provides a subsidy to working families to cover the cost of child care in order to provide access to quality child care to those working and caring for a child. Assistance is available when funds are available.
725 W Main Street
Suite A
John Day, OR 97845
Eligibility: -Must be an Oregon resident
-Be employed. Caretakers/parents must be employed
-In a two-parent family, both parents must be working. Exceptions may exist if one parent cannot care for the children due to a medical/mental health condition or in cases where Child Welfare requires supervised contact
-Income must be below 200% of the Federal Poverty Level
-Have a child care need for a qualifying child (under 13 years of age who need care, ages 13-17 who require supervision due to special circumstances, a child is a US citizen or qualified non-citizen.)
-Must need child care to remain employed. For a two-parent family, this means both parents must have all or part of their work hours overlap.
Hours: Monday-Friday 8am-5pm, closed noon - 1:00 pm. Closed major holidays
Hours: Monday-Friday 8am-5pm
Phone/FAX Numbers
  • (541) 575-0309 Main phone Self-Sufficiency and Vocational Rehabilitation
  • (541) 575-0728 Child Welfare
  • (541) 575-0656 FAX
  • (800) 735-1232 TTY/TTD
  • (541) 889-2694 FAX
Email Address:
INTAKE PROCEDURE: - Apply online
- Apply via email by attaching completed application. Note: your information may not be protected if you do not use a secure email process.
- Mail, fax or drop off completed application at your local office. Application form is available in English, English Large Print, Spanish, Spanish Large Print, Arabic, Burmese, Nepali, Russian, Somali, and Vietnamese.
FEES: Each family has one copayment determined by family size and income.
DOCUMENTS: What you may need to provide during or after your interview:
-Social Security Number (SSN) for everyone in benefit group (not required to provide Social Security card)
-Proof of gross income for the last 30 days (pay stubs, a letter from employer, award letter, for self-employment bank statements showing business revenue and costs)
-Non-citizens must provide documentation for DHS to determine if they meet eligibility criteria. Some examples include I-94, Permanent Resident Card, I-551, Employment Authorization, and I-688B.
LANGUAGES: English, Spanish, interpretation by arrangement
AREA SERVED: Grant, Harney, and Malheur Counties
SITE HOURS: Monday-Friday 8am-noon and 1pm-5pm
  • Child Care Expense Assistance
If you represent this agency, update your listing here.
* The community resource directory information is up to date to the best of our knowledge. However, you should always call the provider to confirm this information and make an appointment. Be sure to confirm payment information with the provider, if payment is required. 211Info does not rate, recommend or endorse any agency. We simply provide information as a public service.