Temporary Assistance to Domestic Violence Survivors (TADVS) is administered by DHS. TADVS can help with up to $1200 in temporary financial help over a 90-day eligibility period when there is or has been a domestic violence situation. Payments are given directly to the landlord or other service provider. The program can help with housing-related payments such as deposits, rents and utilities, relocation costs, replacement of personal/household items left behind when the survivor and children have fled (if items are not available from another source) such as clothing, hygiene items, and essential furniture items, and purchase of items that help address safety including new locks, motion detectors, and PO boxes.
186 East Lane
Suite 3
Ontario, OR 97914
Eligibility: A person fleeing domestic violence or a person trying to stay safe from domestic violence whose safety is at risk because of domestic violence or the threat of domestic violence. The person must also fit the following criteria:

-Be a parent or relative caring for a minor child or a pregnant woman
-Meet the income criteria for the program. (This program looks only at income on hand that is available to meet any emergency needs.)
-Be a resident of Oregon.
-Eligibility varies and is determined on a case-by-case basis, call or visit the website for more information.
Hours: Monday-Friday 7:30am-4pm
Phone/FAX Numbers
  • (541) 889-9194 Child Welfare
  • (541) 889-9148 Vocational Rehabilitation
  • (541) 889-7553 Aging and People with Disabilities
  • (541) 889-9141 Self-Sufficiency
  • (877) 877-5081 Hotline Grant, Harney, Malheur Child Abuse H
  • (541) 889-2694 FAX SSP
Email Address: SSP.StatewideWorkshare@dhsoha.state.or.us
COVID-19 INFORMATION: Due to Covid-19, authorization of telephone signatures is now temporarily available. Individuals may complete their application by phone. 
INTAKE PROCEDURE: Call for information or apply at your local Self-Sufficiency Office
FEES: None
DOCUMENTS: None required at intake
LANGUAGES: English, Spanish, interpretation by arrangement
AREA SERVED: Grant, Harney, and Malheur Counties
  • Undesignated Temporary Financial Assistance * Domestic Violence Issues
If you represent this agency, update your listing here.
* The community resource directory information is up to date to the best of our knowledge. However, you should always call the provider to confirm this information and make an appointment. Be sure to confirm payment information with the provider, if payment is required. 211Info does not rate, recommend or endorse any agency. We simply provide information as a public service.