Provides the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), also known as food stamps, to qualified applicants. Funds are dispersed through an Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) card, also known as the Oregon Trail Card.
186 East Lane
Suite 3
Ontario, OR 97914
Eligibility: Eligibility is determined on a case-by-case basis:
-Income eligibility follows a guideline of 200% FPL or below which is monthly income before taxes.
-Other factors are considered in determining eligibility and monthly SNAP benefit amount like: source of income, housing costs, utility costs, out-of-pocket medical expenses for those age 60 and older or receiving disability in the group, and relationships of the members of the family group.
-Students, immigrants, and adults between the ages of 18 and 52 without dependents may have to meet additional criteria beyond the income guidelines.
-To receive SNAP, applicants must be a US citizen or meet specific non-citizen requirements.
Hours: Monday-Friday 7:30am-4pm
Phone/FAX Numbers
  • (833) 604-0877 Multilingual Line
  • (541) 889-9141 Self-Sufficiency
  • (541) 889-2694 FAX SSP
Email Address: [email protected]
INTAKE PROCEDURE: Submit an application and have an interview (in-person or over the phone) with a DHS eligibility worker. Different methods to submit an application:
-Walk in to a local DHS Self-Sufficiency Office (Processing Centers do not offer any in-person services)
-Apply online (make sure to put your User ID, password, and tracking number in a safe place)
-Print out a pdf version of the application, fill it out, and mail it, fax it, or hand-deliver it
-Call the office and request an application be mailed to you

What to do once the application has been submitted:
-The local DHS office will call you to set up an in-person or phone interview appointment.
-You can contact the local DHS office to set up the interview appointment.
-DHS workers may not leave messages on voicemails that do not announce the applicant's name in the greeting of the voicemail.
FEES: None
DOCUMENTS: You do not need any documents to fill out and/or submit an application. What you may need to provide during or after your interview:
-Social Security number (SSN) for everyone who wishes to apply for benefits (not required to provide Social Security card)
-Proof of gross income for the last 30 days (pay stubs, a letter from employer, award letter, for self-employment bank statements showing business revenue and costs)
-Non-citizens must provide legal documentation in order for DHS to determine if they meet the eligibility criteria. Some examples include I-94, Permanent Resident Card, I-551, Employment Authorization, I-688B.
-Photo ID may be helpful but is not required. DHS can verify identity with a SSN or another method.
-If you are experiencing homelessness, you will need a temporary mailing address to apply. An eligibility worker can help you to figure out other needed documents.
-If you are facing challenges obtaining proof of income or other documents, a worker can work with you to obtain income verification and other needed information.
-Adults age 60 and older and adults with disabilities may be eligible for increased benefits by providing proof of their out of pocket medical expenses.
LANGUAGES: English, interpretation by arrangement.
Applications available in English, Spanish, Russian, Vietnamese, and Somali.
AREA SERVED: Grant, Harney, and Malheur Counties
  • Food Stamps/SNAP
If you represent this agency, update your listing here.
* The community resource directory information is up to date to the best of our knowledge. However, you should always call the provider to confirm this information and make an appointment. Be sure to confirm payment information with the provider, if payment is required. 211Info does not rate, recommend or endorse any agency. We simply provide information as a public service.