The Employment Related Day Care program (ERDC) helps families who are working, in school, or receiving Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) pay for child care, including registration fees.
1660 Oak Street SE
Suite 100
Salem, OR 97302
Eligibility: This program is for families that:
-Live in Oregon
-Are working or in school or receiving TANF.
-In a two-parent family, both parents must be working or in school. (This does not apply to parents receiving TANF.)
-There are some exceptions for two parent households where one parent cannot provide child care because of a medical or mental health condition, or if supervised contact is required by the State.
-Need child care to keep working, attending school, or participating in family well-being activities.
Have a child who is:
-Under 13 years old and needs child care, or
-13 to 17 years old and needs care because of special circumstances.
-Meet income limits.
- Initial income limits 200% FPL. Ongoing and Exit limit 250% FPL. See website for income chart.
Hours: Monday-Friday 8am-5pm, closed major holidays
Phone/FAX Numbers
  • (503) 378-6327 Main phone
  • (503) 378-3700 FAX
  • (503) 373-1851 TTY/TTD
Email Address: [email protected]
INTAKE PROCEDURE: Apply online, by phone, or in person at a local ODHS Self Sufficiency Branch Office
FEES: ERDC is a subsidy program. This means many families still pay part of the child care cost. This is called a copayment (copay). The copay amount depends on family size and income.
DOCUMENTS: The documents required for verification will vary by family situation
LANGUAGES: English, Spanish, interpretation by arrangement.
Application form is available in English, English Large Print, Spanish, Spanish Large Print, Arabic, Burmese, Nepali, Russian, Somali, Vietnamese.
AREA SERVED: Marion, Polk, and Yamhill Counties
  • Child Care Expense Assistance
If you represent this agency, update your listing here.
* The community resource directory information is up to date to the best of our knowledge. However, you should always call the provider to confirm this information and make an appointment. Be sure to confirm payment information with the provider, if payment is required. 211Info does not rate, recommend or endorse any agency. We simply provide information as a public service.