Employment Related Day Care (ERDC) helps working families pay for child care, including subsidy fees. This means families may pay part of the cost, called a copay. EDRC works with partners to help families find quality child care.

8129 SE Malden Street
Portland, OR 97206
Eligibility: This program is for families that:
- Live in Oregon
- Are working or in school or receiving TANF
- In a two-parent family, both parents must be working or in school. This does not apply to parents receiving TANF.
There are some exceptions for two-parent households where one parent cannot provide child care because of a medical or mental health condition or if supervised contact is required by the State.
- Need child care to keep working, attending school, or participating in family well-being activities.
- Have a child who is:
- A U.S. citizen or qualifying non-citizen,
- Under 13 years old and needs child care, or
- 13 to 17 years old and needs care because of special circumstances
- Meet income limits
-Initial income limits 200% FPL. Ongoing and Exit limit 250% FPL. See website for income chart.

Hours: Monday-Friday 8am-5pm, closed major holidays
Phone/FAX Numbers
  • (971) 673-2560 FAX
  • (971) 673-2550 Main phone
Email Address: [email protected]
INTAKE PROCEDURE: - Apply online
- Apply via email by attaching the completed application. Note: Information may not be protected if you do not use a secure email process.
- Mail, fax, or drop off the completed application at your local office. The application form is available in English, English Large Print, Spanish, Spanish Large Print, Arabic, Burmese, Nepali, Russian, Somali, and Vietnamese.

FEES: ERDC is a subsidy program. This means many families still pay part of the child care cost. This is called a copayment (copay). The copay amount depends on family size and income.
DOCUMENTS: What you may need to provide during or after your interview:
-Social Security Number (SSN) for everyone in the benefit group (not required to provide an SS card)
-Proof of gross income for the last 30 days (pay stubs, a letter from the employer, an award letter, for self-employment bank statements showing business revenue and costs)
-Non-citizens must provide legal documentation for DHS to determine if they meet the eligibility criteria. Some examples include the DHS Arrival/Departure Record (Form I-94), Permanent Resident Card (Form I-551), and Employment Authorization (Form I-688B).

LANGUAGES: English, Spanish, interpretation by arrangement.
Application form is available in English, English Large Print, Spanish, Spanish Large Print, Arabic, Burmese, Nepali, Russian, Somali, and Vietnamese.
AREA SERVED: Multnomah County
TRAVEL/LOCATION INFORMATION: Located off of 82nd and Flavel behind the 7-Eleven store
  • Child Care Expense Assistance
If you represent this agency, update your listing here.
* The community resource directory information is up to date to the best of our knowledge. However, you should always call the provider to confirm this information and make an appointment. Be sure to confirm payment information with the provider, if payment is required. 211Info does not rate, recommend or endorse any agency. We simply provide information as a public service.