Washington State Department of Commerce provides landlords with an incentive and added security to work with tenants receiving rental assistance. The program offers up to $1,000 in reimbursement for repairs required for the property to pass a housing assistance inspection; up to fourteen days' rent loss that causes the move-in to be delayed; and/or up to $5,000 in qualifying damages caused by a tenant during tenancy. The program does not pay fees or lease-break charges.
1011 Plum Street SE
Olympia, WA 98504
Eligibility: Any landlord that has screened, approved and offered rental housing to any applicant that will be using any form of housing subsidy program is eligible, except properties owned by housing authorities.
Hours: Monday-Friday 8am-5pm
Phone/FAX Numbers
  • (360) 725-2949 Main phone
Email Address: [email protected]
INTAKE PROCEDURE: Visit website, email or call for more information
FEES: None
DOCUMENTS: -An executed written Rental Agreement between the landlord and the tenant(s)
-Rental Assistance Agreement (or adequate proof of housing assistance)
-Rental Assistance Inspection Report from a subsidy program
-Ccompleted Move-In Condition Report signed and dated by both Landlord and Tenant(s)
-Tenant ledger showing any unpaid portion of rent and other charges being claimed and application of Security Deposit (if post-move out)
-Notices related to unpaid charges
-Photos of damage and photos of the affected area following repairs
-Copies of all repair invoices for damages that are included on the claim
LANGUAGES: English, interpretation or signing by arrangement
AREA SERVED: State of Washington
SITE HOURS: Monday-Friday 8am-5pm
  • Affordable Housing Development Incentives
  • Rent Payment Assistance * Landlords
If you represent this agency, update your listing here.
* The community resource directory information is up to date to the best of our knowledge. However, you should always call the provider to confirm this information and make an appointment. Be sure to confirm payment information with the provider, if payment is required. 211Info does not rate, recommend or endorse any agency. We simply provide information as a public service.