QUESTION- Do I have to Re-certify to recieve SNAP(food stamps)?

ODHS mails notification before renewal is due, which is typically every 12 months, with a Periodic Report due at the mid-way point (6 months). Usually, to continue receiving SNAP benefits, renewal paperwork must be completed. Benefits may be delayed if the paperwork is incomplete or submitted late.

-Households where all adults are elderly or disabled and have NO earned income will receive a 24-month certification with a ‘Periodic Review’ due at the mid-way point (12 months).
-Households where all adults are elderly or disabled with earned income will receive a 12-month certification with a ‘Periodic Review’ due at the mid-way point (6 months).
-If a member experiences an extreme hardship that causes a major loss in income or is experiencing homelessness please contact a caseworker to see if you are eligible for an increased benefit amount.
-Changes in benefit amounts occur the following month. Benefits cannot be processed retroactively.
Confidential Address
Eligibility: Eligibility is determined on a case-by-case basis.Income eligibility follows a guideline of 200% FPL or below, which is monthly income before taxes.
Other factors are considered in determining eligibility and monthly SNAP benefit amount like: type of income, housing costs, utility costs, out-of-pocket medical expenses for those age 60 and older or receiving disability in the group, and relationships of the members of the family group.
To receive SNAP, the applicant that wants the benefits must provide proof of citizenship/legal residency or meet specific non-citizen requirements.
Email Address: [email protected]
INTAKE PROCEDURE: The recertification documents are provided to the individual through their preferred contact method (mail or ONE Applicant Portal) 45 days in advance.
Individuals have the option to turn it in via mail, online through the ONE Applicant Portal, email, fax, or in person.
FEES: None
DOCUMENTS: To be determined by ODHS.
LANGUAGES: English, interpretation or signing by arrangement
AREA SERVED: State of Oregon
  • Benefits and Services Assistance * Food Stamps/SNAP Recipients
Other Services Offered At This Location:
If you represent this agency, update your listing here.
* The community resource directory information is up to date to the best of our knowledge. However, you should always call the provider to confirm this information and make an appointment. Be sure to confirm payment information with the provider, if payment is required. 211Info does not rate, recommend or endorse any agency. We simply provide information as a public service.