QUESTION-Are there programs that require orientations or trainings to continue to qualify to receive SNAP (food stamps)?

There are employment and training programs associated with the SNAP program.

-Able Bodied Adults Without Dependents (or ABAWD) which requires individuals aged 18 but not yet 52 with no dependents in the SNAP filing group to participate in work requirements. There are some reasons why a person would be exempt from ABAWD. The ODHS eligibility worker will review these exemptions or requirements with the individual.

-Individuals who are not ABAWD may also volunteer for an employment and training program called STEP (SNAP Training and Employment Program) which offers job readiness activities and training. The ODHS eligibility worker can provide more information on STEP.

-OFSET (Oregon Food Stamp Employment Transition) is a program that requires some individuals to participate in mandatory orientations or check-ins for work search purposes, and if the client fails to attend or fails to show good cause why they didn't attend they may get disqualified from receiving SNAP.
Confidential Address
  • Benefits and Services Assistance * Food Stamps/SNAP Recipients
Other Services Offered At This Location:
If you represent this agency, update your listing here.
* The community resource directory information is up to date to the best of our knowledge. However, you should always call the provider to confirm this information and make an appointment. Be sure to confirm payment information with the provider, if payment is required. 211Info does not rate, recommend or endorse any agency. We simply provide information as a public service.