QUESTION-If a person just moved from another state what do they need to do to receive SNAP (food stamps) from Oregon (OR)?

ANSWER- They can apply in OR as soon as they are in the state.
If the individual or family is deemed eligible, they will receive benefits in OR once ODHS verifies they are not receiving benefits in another state.
If individuals are having a hard time canceling SNAP benefits in the previous state, they need to speak to a ODHS worker as they may be able to communicate with the previous state to request the cancellation.
Confidential Address
  • Benefits and Services Assistance * Food Stamps/SNAP Recipients
Other Services Offered At This Location:
If you represent this agency, update your listing here.
* The community resource directory information is up to date to the best of our knowledge. However, you should always call the provider to confirm this information and make an appointment. Be sure to confirm payment information with the provider, if payment is required. 211Info does not rate, recommend or endorse any agency. We simply provide information as a public service.