QUESTION-Is a household that receives income from public assistance programs such as: Social Security (SSI), Disability (SSD/SSDI), Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), or Unemployment Benefits, eligible for SNAP (food stamps)?

Income from public cash assistance programs is considered "unearned income" by federal regulations; therefore, a household whose sole source of income is from public assistance may be eligible for a benefit that is less than a household with "earned income," such as wages, even if their income amounts are the same. Applicants may need to provide an award letter to the ODHS stating how much they receive as proof of income.
SNAP cash-out is a limited rogram allowed for cases where all individuals in the household are 65 years of age or older, are eligible to receive Social Security benefits and live in Clackamas, Columbia, Multnomah and Washington Counties. These people can receive their SNAP benefits as a direct bank deposit, check or on an EBT card.
Many things could affect the calculation of the benefit amount such as the number of dependents in the household and/or out-of-pocket medical expenses for people ages 60 and older and adults with disabilities.
Confidential Address
  • Benefits and Services Assistance * Food Stamps/SNAP Recipients
Other Services Offered At This Location:
If you represent this agency, update your listing here.
* The community resource directory information is up to date to the best of our knowledge. However, you should always call the provider to confirm this information and make an appointment. Be sure to confirm payment information with the provider, if payment is required. 211Info does not rate, recommend or endorse any agency. We simply provide information as a public service.