Provides utility payment assistance to eligible households; electric, gas, heating fuel, oil, and propane. Payments dependant on available funding. Same day emergency assistance is not available, a limit of 5 disconnections completed daily. Processing estimated to be 4-6 weeks.
1850 45th Avenue NE
Suite 101
Salem, OR 97305
Eligibility: 60% of Oregon median income (OMI)
-Household of 1, maximum of $2,785 per month or $33,427 per year
-Household of 2, maximum of $3,642 per month or $43,712 per year
-Household of 3, maximum of $4,499 per month or $53,997 per year
-Household of 4, maximum of $5,356 per month or $64,282 per year
-Household of 5, maximum of $6,213.91 per month or $74,567 per year
Contact energy office for eligibility amounts for households over 5
Hours: Applications are available 1-15 each month: Monday-Friday 8am-4:30pm. Office is closed: Federal holidays and Indigenous Peoples Day
Phone/FAX Numbers
  • (503) 588-9016 Reception
INTAKE PROCEDURE: -Applications are available in person or call to have one mailed or emailed
-Applications are completed in order received; allow average of 4-6 weeks for processing
-Applications are available 1-15 each month
-Phone lines are busy. Calls are answered in the order received.
-Fully completed and signed applications with the discalimer to be signed by utility account holder;documents included.
DOCUMENTS: -Birth dates for all household members
-Photo or other ID for all household members 18 and older
-Recent electric and heating billd
-Verification of all household gross income received prior two months of signature for all household members (wage printout, self-employment records, public assistance, current Social Security benefit verification letters, veterans benefits, child support, adoption assistance, disability benefits, pensions, unemployment, Oregon leave, etc. This list is not all inclusive; additional documents may be requested.
-Household members 18 and older with zero income are required to complete a declaration of zero income form available through the office or the website
-Social Security number is recommended and required for some grants
LANGUAGES: English, Spanish, interpretation by arrangement
AREA SERVED: Marion and Polk Counties
SITE HOURS: Monday-Friday 8am-4:30pm
TRAVEL/LOCATION INFORMATION: 45th is between Market Street/Swegle Road and Sunnyview Road. Turn onto 45th Avenue and turn into the East Salem Community Center's driveway. Turn right. Enter double doors, Energy Assistance is located in Suite 101. Cherriots nearest routes run on Market/Swegle and Sunnyview. No direct route on 45th.
  • Electric Service Payment Assistance
  • Gas Service Payment Assistance
  • Heating Fuel Payment Assistance
If you represent this agency, update your listing here.
* The community resource directory information is up to date to the best of our knowledge. However, you should always call the provider to confirm this information and make an appointment. Be sure to confirm payment information with the provider, if payment is required. 211Info does not rate, recommend or endorse any agency. We simply provide information as a public service.