The Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) program provides cash assistance to low-income families with children while they strive to become self-sufficient. Cash assistance is intended to meet a family's basic needs, such as food, clothing, shelter, and utilities. TANF recipients may be able to participate in the Jobs Opportunity and Basic Skills (JOBS) program, which assists with obtaining a high school diploma or GED, as well as job preparation and life skills.
1135 SW Highland Avenue
Redmond, OR 97756
Eligibility: For low-income families with children under the age of 18 or pregnant women in the 9th month of pregnancy. To qualify for TANF, families must have very few assets and little or no income. Must be a US citizen or qualified non-citizen. Parents without US citizenship can apply for benefits for children who are US citizens.
Hours: Monday-Friday 8am-5pm. Accommodations for working adults can be requested.
Phone/FAX Numbers
  • (541) 504-1320 Main phone
  • (541) 548-9480 Alternate
  • (541) 548-7348 FAX
  • (855) 503-7233 Toll-free Child Abuse Hotline
COVID-19 INFORMATION: Due to public health concerns related to COVID-19, they encourage you to apply online, call the local office before going or contact them by email at
INTAKE PROCEDURE: Print and fill out application and mail or take to your local DHS Self-Sufficiency office or visit your local DHS office to apply in person.
FEES: None
DOCUMENTS: Proof of ID, proof of income, Social Security Numbers (SSN) for all members of the family who want benefits, proof of immigration status (if applicable). If you are applying for someone else and not for yourself, you do not need to bring proof of immigration status or SSN for yourself.
LANGUAGES: English, Spanish, interpretation by arrangement
AREA SERVED: Crook, Deschutes, and Jefferson Counties and Warm Springs Reservation
SITE HOURS: Monday-Friday 8am-5pm
  • TANF
If you represent this agency, update your listing here.
* The community resource directory information is up to date to the best of our knowledge. However, you should always call the provider to confirm this information and make an appointment. Be sure to confirm payment information with the provider, if payment is required. 211Info does not rate, recommend or endorse any agency. We simply provide information as a public service.