The Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) program provides cash assistance to low-income families with children while they strive to become self-sufficient. Cash assistance is intended to meet a family's basic needs such as food, clothing, shelter, and utilities. TANF recipients may be able to participate in the Jobs Opportunity and Basic Skills (JOBS) program, which assists with obtaining a high school diploma or GED, as well as job preparation and life skills.
186 East Lane
Suite 3
Ontario, OR 97914
Eligibility: For low-income families with children under the age of 18 or pregnant women in the 9th month of pregnancy. To qualify for TANF, families must have very few assets and little or no income. Must be a US citizen or qualified non-citizen. Parents without US citizenship can apply for benefits for children who are US citizens.
Hours: Monday-Friday 7:30am-4pm
Phone/FAX Numbers
  • (541) 889-9194 Child Welfare
  • (541) 889-9148 Vocational Rehabilitation
  • (541) 889-7553 Aging and People with Disabilities
  • (541) 889-9141 Self-Sufficiency
  • (877) 877-5081 Hotline Grant, Harney, Malheur Child Abuse H
  • (541) 889-9141 Self-Sufficiency
  • (541) 889-2694 FAX SSP
  • (800) 735-1232 TTY/TTD
Email Address: SSP.StatewideWorkshare@dhsoha.state.or.us
FEES: None
INTAKE PROCEDURE: An applicant can apply online, contact a local office, or print and fill out the application. The printed application can be faxed, mailed, dropped off at a local office, or emailed to SSP.StatewideWorkshare@dhsoha.state.or.us.
DOCUMENTS: Proof of ID, proof of income, Social Security numbers (SSN) for all members of the family who want benefits, proof of lawful immigration status (if applicable). If you are applying for someone else and not for yourself, you do not need to bring proof of immigration status or SSN for yourself.
LANGUAGES: English, Spanish, interpretation by arrangement
AREA SERVED: Grant, Harney, and Malheur Counties
  • TANF
If you represent this agency, update your listing here.
* The community resource directory information is up to date to the best of our knowledge. However, you should always call the provider to confirm this information and make an appointment. Be sure to confirm payment information with the provider, if payment is required. 211Info does not rate, recommend or endorse any agency. We simply provide information as a public service.