The Employment Related Day Care program (ERDC) helps families who are working, in school, or receiving Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) pay for child care, including registration fees.
186 East Lane
Suite 3
Ontario, OR 97914
Eligibility: -Must be an Oregon resident
-Be employed or attending school. Caretakers/parents must be employed or attending school
-In a two-parent family, both parents must be working or attending school. Exceptions may exist if one parent cannot care for the children due to a medical/mental health condition or in cases where Child Welfare requires supervised contact
-Income must be below 200% of the Federal Poverty Level
-Have a child care need for a qualifying child (under 13 years of age who need care, ages 13-17 who require supervision due to special circumstances, a child is a US citizen or qualified non-citizen.)
-You must need child care to stay employed or attend school. For a two-parent family, this means both parents must have all or part of their work or school hours overlap.
-Child care provider must be ODHS-approved.
Hours: Monday-Friday 8am-5pm
Phone/FAX Numbers
  • (541) 889-9141 Self-Sufficiency
  • (541) 889-2694 FAX SSP
Email Address: [email protected]
INTAKE PROCEDURE: - Apply online
- Apply via email by attaching completed application. Note: your information may not be protected if you do not use a secure email process.
- Mail, fax or drop off completed application at your local office. Application form is available in English, English Large Print, Spanish, Spanish Large Print, Arabic, Burmese, Nepali, Russian, Somali, and Vietnamese.
FEES: Each family has one copayment determined by family size and income
DOCUMENTS: What you may need to provide during or after your interview:
-Social Security Number (SSN) for everyone in benefit group (not required to provide Social Security card)
-Proof of gross income for the last 30 days (pay stubs, a letter from employer, award letter, for self-employment bank statements showing business revenue and costs)
-Non-citizens must provide documentation for DHS to determine if they meet eligibility criteria. Some examples include I-94, Permanent Resident Card, I-551, Employment Authorization, and I-688B.
LANGUAGES: English, Spanish, interpretation by arrangement
AREA SERVED: Grant, Harney, and Malheur Counties
  • Child Care Expense Assistance
If you represent this agency, update your listing here.
* The community resource directory information is up to date to the best of our knowledge. However, you should always call the provider to confirm this information and make an appointment. Be sure to confirm payment information with the provider, if payment is required. 211Info does not rate, recommend or endorse any agency. We simply provide information as a public service.