Provides passes for camping and day-use parking at state parks for foster families. Families may use the pass when visiting a state park that charges a day-use fee and for camping overnight in a tent, RV, or standard horse campsite for up to 14 nights in a 30-day period. The foster children must be present during the park visit.
725 Summer Street NE
Suite C
Salem, OR 97301
Eligibility: Foster, guardian, and adoptive foster parents certified through DHS, tribal governments, and the Oregon Youth Authority (OYA). Foster programs from other jurisdictions and from private agencies are not eligible.
Hours: Monday-Friday 8am-5pm
Phone/FAX Numbers
  • (800) 551-6949 Toll-free
Email Address: [email protected]
INTAKE PROCEDURE: Call or email for more information. To apply fill out the online form or mail or deliver the following documents to Oregon Parks and Recreation Department, ATTN: Foster Pass Program, 725 Summer Street NE, Suite C, Salem, OR 97301.

Foster parents: Complete the online form or mail a copy of your valid Certificate of Approval to Maintain a Foster Home in Oregon. Attach a letter with your mailing address and daytime phone number. The pass will be issued to the name on the certificate. It is valid until the foster home certificate expires.

Guardian and adoptive foster parents: Complete the online form or mail your Adoptive or Guardian Family Fee Waiver Program Verification Letter issued by the Department of Human Services (DHS) identifying you as an adoptive or guardian family. It is valid for a maximum of four years and is renewable until the adoptive foster child's 18th birthday.
FEES: None. Pass cannot be used for yurts, cabins, other special park facilities, any charges to make or modify a reservation, or extra vehicle fees (the first vehicle driven into a campsite is free).
DOCUMENTS: Letter or certificate proving foster parent or guardian status
AREA SERVED: State of Oregon
  • Camping Permits * Adoption/Foster Care/Kinship Care Issues
  • Recreation Related Expense Assistance * Adoption/Foster Care/Kinship Care Issues
If you represent this agency, update your listing here.
* The community resource directory information is up to date to the best of our knowledge. However, you should always call the provider to confirm this information and make an appointment. Be sure to confirm payment information with the provider, if payment is required. 211Info does not rate, recommend or endorse any agency. We simply provide information as a public service.