The Regional Long-Term Rentals Assistance (RLRA) program is a Permanent Supportive Housing rent subsidy for qualified low-income tenants and allows for private landlords to rent apartments and homes to qualified tenants at fair market rates. The program is similar to the federal Section 8 or Housing Choice Voucher program.

Home Forward will administer the funds to local Coordinated Entry programs and not directly to tenants.

Local Coordinated Entry programs will work with clients who are eligible and connect them to the Regional Long-Term Rentals Assistance (RLRA) program. This assistance is not immediate or stand-alone and is based on eligibility for specific coordinated access programs, participation and availability. You must be eligible for or part of one of the coordinated entry programs below to recieve one.
Confidential Address
Eligibility: Individuals and families who meet one of the following criteria AND meet individual coordinated entry program eligibility:
-At risk of homelessness/must have an eviction notice or notice to vacate tenancy
-Fleeing, or attempting to flee, domestic violence, dating violence, sexual assault, stalking, or
human trafficking
-Were recently homeless or have a high risk of housing instability
Hours: Varies by site of coordinated entry
INTAKE PROCEDURE: Regional Long-Term Rentals Assistance (RLRA) is accessed through one of Multnomah County's Coordinated Entry systems listed below. Access points vary by age and circumstance.

-Unaccompanied Youth Under 25: Janus Youth

-Domestic Violence Survivors: Call to Safety, Project UNICA (Spanish) through El Programa Hispano Catolico, or the Gateway Center

-Families (Adults accompanied by children under 18): Multnomah County Coordinated Access Family System
-Adults (unaccompanied by children under 18): Coordinated Housing Assessment Team (CHAT) through Transition Projects (TPI)

-Veterans: Veteran Services Hotline, Transition Projects Day Center, or VA Community Resource and Referral Center

FEES: None
DOCUMENTS: Varies by site of coordinated entry
AREA SERVED: Multnomah County
  • Program Development Funds
If you represent this agency, update your listing here.
* The community resource directory information is up to date to the best of our knowledge. However, you should always call the provider to confirm this information and make an appointment. Be sure to confirm payment information with the provider, if payment is required. 211Info does not rate, recommend or endorse any agency. We simply provide information as a public service.

No Mapping Information Available