Short-Term Rent Assistance (STRA) is a countywide program that provides limited housing assistance (up to 24 months) to households experiencing homelessness or who are at risk of homelessness. Home Forward (formerly the Housing Authority of Portland) administers the program on behalf of Multnomah County, the City of Portland, the City of Gresham, and Home Forward. Assistance can include rent or mortgage payment, deposits and application fees, move-in costs, and limited non-leasing expenses.
Eligibility: Most, but not all, STRA funds require households to have incomes at or below 50% of annual area median income
Hours: Not applicable
INTAKE PROCEDURE: As with any other type of rent assistance, the caller needs to contact the nonprofit agency to apply for assistance. While the caller may be under the impression that Home Forward and/or 211info furnish STRA application forms, this is a misconception. Applications are only made available through participating agencies. Since many agencies participate, if a person has a working relationship with one of the agencies that we have listed under rent assistance, they could talk to that agency about the possibility of enrolling.

Home Forward DOES NOT provide rent assistance directly.
FEES: None
DOCUMENTS: Varies by agency
AREA SERVED: Multnomah County
  • Program Development Funds
If you represent this agency, update your listing here.
* The community resource directory information is up to date to the best of our knowledge. However, you should always call the provider to confirm this information and make an appointment. Be sure to confirm payment information with the provider, if payment is required. 211Info does not rate, recommend or endorse any agency. We simply provide information as a public service.

No Mapping Information Available