The Oregon Veterans Emergency Financial Assistance Program, funded through the Oregon Department of Veterans Affairs (ODVA), is a grant that provides emergency financial assistance to veterans and their immediate family members once per lifetime. Funding is limited, and varies per individual.

Emergency financial assistance may be provided for housing related expenses (utilities, insurance, rent, and house repairs); emergency medical or dental expenses; and/or emergency transportation. Payments are made directly to the vendor.
421 SW Oak Street
Room 100
Portland, OR 97204
Eligibility: Veterans with an Honorable Discharge or a General Discharge Under Honorable Conditions and their immediate family members (spouse, un-remarried surviving spouse, child, or stepchild).
Hours: Phone Hours: Monday-Friday 8am-5pm

Walk-In Locations and Hours:

Multnomah County Downtown Office: Lincoln Building, 421 SW Oak Street, Portland, OR 97204
-Tuesday/Friday 9am-noon

Multnomah County East Area Office: 600 NE 8th Street, Room 100, Gresham, OR 97030
-Thursday 9am-11:30am

Multnomah County N/NE Office: 5325 NE Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard, Portland, OR 97211
-Friday 2pm-4pm

Portland VA Medical Center: 3710 US Veteran Hospital Road, Portland, OR 97239 Chaplain's Office (Room #B)
-Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday 1pm-3:30pm
Phone/FAX Numbers
  • (503) 988-8387 Main phone
Email Address:
COVID-19 INFORMATION: Due to Covid-19, telephone service only
FEES: None
INTAKE PROCEDURE: Call the local County Veterans Service Officer (CVSO) who can assist with the application process and submit to the Oregon Department of Veteran Affairs for consideration. Applications are accepted from the 1st to the 10th of every month, and are considered in order of submission. If funding has been exhausted for the month, applicant must wait until next month before reconsideration.
DOCUMENTS: DD214, Oregon Veterans' Emergency Financial Assistance Program Application, and Financial Statement
LANGUAGES: English, interpretation by arrangement
AREA SERVED: Multnomah County
  • Undesignated Temporary Financial Assistance * Veteran/Military Personnel Issues
Other Services Offered At This Location:
If you represent this agency, update your listing here.
* The community resource directory information is up to date to the best of our knowledge. However, you should always call the provider to confirm this information and make an appointment. Be sure to confirm payment information with the provider, if payment is required. 211Info does not rate, recommend or endorse any agency. We simply provide information as a public service.